Saturday, June 21, 2008

Oslo, Norway, 6.22.08, 6:45 am local time-day 5

Oslo, Norway, 6.22.08, 6:45 am local time-day 5

Got lots of sight-seeing in yesterday on a gorgeous day!
Musta walked 100 miles! Saw a paleontology museum and
got pictures of some beastly characters and even some relatives?
Got some beautiful scenic pictures of Oslo from a mountain top
named Ekeberg. Had a snack under that park fountain. I have to
tell you that this is the most expensive stop so far on this trip. I
find it hard to believe some of the prices here. At that snack stop,
Dal [Mariann, my guide] had a beer and I had a coke [in a GLASS
bottle yet-a rarity], and her 14oz beer was $12 and my coke was $10
[in US dollars] I did have a first. First time ever riding a subway train.
First time in 55-60 years riding on a trolley, and first time in at least
20 years riding on a city bus! What a relaxing set of rides though! On
Wednesday we drove back to her home in rush hour and OMG I will
never complain about our rush hour again. What took us LITERALLY
20 minutes to travel at 11 am took 90 MINUTES to get back! UNreal!
Today we are going to an OLD restaurant that is genuinely haunted
[so everyone says!! hehehe]. Til then - Fran

No comments: